How You Benefit
These are some of the ways you will benefit from sharing your data with Hey Baby 4D. Firstly, the well-being of you and your baby is paramount. As our service is medical, we collect and store your personal data, such as your name, email address, address, your age and some key information about your health and pregnancy. On rare occasions, we may be required to share your data with your NHS care provider to ensure that in the event of us identifying any problem, you receive the correct care. You will be given the opportunity to tell us whether or not you consent to this if this applies to you.
Secondly, your contact details allow us to get in touch prior to a scheduled appointment, such as to re-arrange the date or let you know about a procedural update that may affect you. In addition, we strive to improve our services, so we may get in touch after your appointment to ask you for feedback on your experience.
Thirdly, we value customer loyalty. Many of our customers choose to access our services on multiple occasions throughout their pregnancy. By way of thanks for your loyalty, we may contact you occasionally to inform you of exclusive promotions and / or discounts. We pledge not to contact you in this way any more than 3 times in a calendar month.
You Are In Control
If you would like to stop receiving communications from us, you can review and amend your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Unsubscribe".
If the data we hold on you is incorrect, you can email us at email@example.com, let us know what needs updating and we will correct it.
Hey Baby 4D is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and that the information held by us is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have physical and electronic procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect from Data Subjects, including their online details.
This Privacy Notice is supported by an Informed Consent Form, which all customers are required to read, understand, and sign prior to accessing the Service. This enables Hey Baby 4D to process your Personal Data and Special Category Data for the purposes of providing the Service to you. Your booking email contains a link to this document, which enables you to review the information prior to your visit at your own convenience. You will also be provided with the opportunity to review this when you arrive for your appointment.
- The right to access your Personal Data and supplementary information that we hold.
- The right to have any inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete. You can make a request for rectification in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to a request within a maximum of one calendar month.
- You have the right to have your Personal Data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
You have the right to have your Personal Data erased if:
- the Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected or processed it for;
- we are relying on your Consent as the lawful basis for holding the data, and you withdraw your Consent;
- we are relying on legitimate interests as our basis for processing, you object to the processing of your data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you object to that processing;
- we have processed your Personal Data unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the Data Protection Act 2018); or we must do it to comply with a legal obligation.
- The processing of your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Direct marketing (including profiling); and;
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Why Do We Collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data to enable us to carry out the work of Hey Baby 4D in providing the Service, allowing customers to access the Service through our dedicated website. Processing this information is necessary to meet our contractual, regulatory and legal obligations as a medical service provider.
As a responsible employer, Hey Baby 4D will collect Personal Data from potential employees, obtaining references and all other relevant information ascertaining their employment. Hey Baby 4D will process this Personal Data relating to its employees in connection with their individual contracts of employment and to comply with its legal obligations as an employer. Employees have the right to refuse consent or withdraw their consent at any time. It must be noted, however, that this may affect their employment with Hey Baby 4D.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- We will use the information collected from customers to enable the booking of, and carrying out of, the Service.
- Where a referral to a healthcare provider is required, we may provide a customer’s Personal Data to the relevant healthcare provider about any irregularities we detect, with their Consent.
- We will use Personal Data for our own internal record keeping.
- We may use Personal Data to improve our products and services.
- We use information about our employees to perform our duties and legal obligations as an employer.
- We use Personal Data to provide customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the quality of the service they have received.
- As an organisation committed to progression and excellence, we may want to use a customer’s Personal Data to send promotional communications about new products, special offers or other information which we think they may find valuable. Sometimes, we may also use a customer’s information to contact them for internal market research purposes and use the information they provide to customise our website and / or services according to their interests and feedback. Before we use a customer’s information in this way, we will ask for their agreement and obtain Consent to do this.
Categories of Data Held
- We may collect and process the following categories of information about you:
- Your contact details and birthdate (including email address, name, D.O.B., telephone number and postal address).
- Information about your pregnancy and pregnancy history (including gestational age and information pertinent to the delivery of the Service).
- Information about your transaction including your payment card details
When you pay for your chosen services in one of our clinics through our website, payments made are processed through a secure payment portal operated by a third party. We do not receive any of your payment card details.
- The communications you exchange with us (for example, your emails, letters, calls, or your online messages).
- Your feedback When you provide feedback through any medium, we will use this information to improve our services and train our staff.
- For employees, we will collect the information needed for their personnel record which includes (but is not limited to) National Insurance number, ethnic origin, gender, disability, health details, bank details, next of kin, references, proof of qualifications and proof of right to work in the UK.
In providing the service to you, we may collect information that could reveal your racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health. Such information is considered “sensitive personal data” under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and other data protection laws. We only collect this information where you have given your explicit consent, it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you or you have deliberately made it public.
For example, we may collect this information in the following circumstances:
- For your safety, when you have informed us of a specific medical condition that we should be aware of prior to providing the Service to you.
- Information about your current and previous pregnancies is vital to providing you with the best possible care for your needs. This enables us to be well informed prior to providing the Service to you.
If you do not allow us to process any sensitive personal data, this may mean we are unable to provide all or parts of the Service that you have requested from us.
Who May We Share Personal Information With?
There may be occasions when we are legally required to share information with statutory agencies such as the Police, Local Authorities, Courts or HMRC. This may be in relation to criminal or civil proceedings, safeguarding or fraud. Information can be shared without a Data Subject’s consent in these circumstances.
- As we highly value transparent feedback on our services, we may invite you to review your experience on a trusted third-party review platform. These third parties are considered Data Processors and are subject to separate privacy policies which are listed on their own websites.
- For employees, we will not share personal information with third parties without their consent where it does not relate to their responsibilities as an employee, or our obligations as an employer. For example, there may occasions when we are requested for information about an employee from financial organisations, for instance, if they are applying for a mortgage. Before providing any details, we will obtain consent to do this.
- There may be other occasions when we are requested to provide your Personal Data, and we will seek explicit Consent to do this prior to any actions being taken.
How Long Do We Store Your Data?
In accordance with the Records Management Code of Practice for Health & Social Care 2016, we keep customer details and the documents and / or files associated with their booking for a period of 8 years after their appointment.
Images and videos obtained during the provision of the Service will be held for a period of 1 year, unless we have received explicit Consent from you to use these images and / or videos for marketing purposes, in which case we will keep these files for as long as they are relevant.
For employees, we will retain Personnel Records and Employee Contracts for 6 years after employment ends or Termination. We will retain retirement and pensions records permanently.
How To Access Your Data
All Data Subjects have the right to make a Data Subject Access Request to receive a copy of the information we hold about them. No payment is required, and we will provide the information within one month of receiving and verifying the request.
To request a copy of the information we hold, a data request should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
In order to release the information, we will need:
- The Data Subject’s full name, address and date of birth
- A copy of identification, e.g. a driving licence, passport or other photographic ID
What Is Non-Accessible Information?
We will be completely open about the information we keep on a Data Subject, but there are certain limits to what we can legally provide access to. For example, we will not provide information:
- About other people or businesses;
- That needs the permission of the person(s) who gave it to us before we can share it; or
- That may cause harm to a Data Subject, their business or another person and their business, if we released the information.
We will inform a Data Subject if there is any information that we cannot share with them.
Issues and Complaints
The Data Protection Officer should be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org to log any issues or complaints. If we are unable to satisfy your request, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office and ask them to look at the procedures we are following.
Their contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Whycliffe House, Water Lane
T: 01625 545 745
Further information about the work of the Information Commissioner and about data protection can be found at www.ico.org.uk
About This Notice
This Notice and the associated Informed Consent Form are provided to patients and customers during online booking and to employees and, where relevant, subcontracted service providers, at the point of Contract offer.
A copy is also available:
- To all customers and members of staff via the Hey Baby 4D website
- Upon request via the Hey Baby 4D privacy centre
Website Access and Usage
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us to provide our customers with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages they find useful and which they do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to another person’s computer or any information about them, other than the data they choose to share with us.
Customers can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but browser settings can be modified to decline cookies. This may prevent a customer from taking full advantage of the website.